Breakfast Sandwiches are such easy way to grab a healthy breakfast on the way out the door in the morning. These are a great thing to make up on the weekend while making chickpea quiche… just make an extra quiche to cut into sandwich sized slices.
These are simple to assemble. I often make them up on a Sunday afternoon with the leftover chickpea quiche I had earlier in the weekend.
I like to toast the English Muffins so that they are a little more hearty for sitting wrapped up in the fridge a few days. Sometimes I spread some nut cream cheese on the bottom piece of bread and sometimes I add a slice of cheese.
The chickpea quiche recipe is simple for making a whole pan of “eggs” but sometimes I will just make up a quick skillet chickpea egg as well and just toss in some chopped spinach, salt and pepper, and onion salt for extra flavor. I mix chickpea flour and water at a 1:1 ration when making up scrambled eggs on the fly. I just pop it into a counter top mixer like a vitamix or a magic bullet mixer to get the mixer nice and smooth before pouring into the skillet and frying up like I would a traditional scrambled egg. Have you tried this ?
Here’s the link to the Chickpea Quiche Recipe
Chickpea Egg Breakfast Sandwich
This breakfast sandwich is made with a slice of the chickpea quiche on an english muffin with a few pieces of spinach and a veggie sausage patty. You can add vegan or non dairy cheese and butter to the sandwich if you like.
Chickpea Quiche Ingredients
2 cups chickpea flour
2 cups water
dash of black Himalayan salt ( adds an egg-like flavor ) can be skipped
1 cup vegan or dairy cheese
1-2 cups fresh spinach
1-2 cups fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup red onion sauteed
1 tsp fresh or jar garlic to taste
1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper to taste
- ENGLISH MUFFIN SANDWICH INGREDIENTS
1 package English Muffins
1 cup Fresh Spinach
6 Veggie Sausages
Optional – vegan or dairy cheese or butter
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Blend chickpea flour and water in blender until smooth and well integrated
- Saute 1/2 red onion until caramelized and set aside – should be about 1/2 cup sauteed
- Mix together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Pour quiche mixture into a pan for baking. Mixture should be about 1-2 inches deep. Baking time will depend slightly on the size of your dish. If needed put a little bit of coconut oil in the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees (may vary with oven or baking dish size) should be firm in the middle when fully baked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing & putting on english muffins with fresh spinach, veggie sausage and non dairy butter or cheese as you prefer.