This salad is an easy filling salad that is so enjoyable to the senses to make because all the fresh herbs are so aromatic and the lemon zest is refreshing. I like to make this meal when I have time to enjoy a little music playing and go slow. Its very easy, but its relaxing to pinch off the fresh herbs and enjoy all the pleasures of being in the kitchen.
Let yourself be creative! Use whatever you have on hand in the garden or add mint leaves to the dressing… what can you do to make it your own special creation. Let us know your special twists.
Hope you enjoy… savor it slow or share with a friend.
Make a little extra and save it back for lunch another day.
1 cup quinoa (cooked by brand directions)
Seasonal Fresh Greens and Herbs : mint, cilantro, parsley, sprouts
1/2 cup vegan or dairy feta or similar cheese
Tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/4 cup Olive oil
Tablespoon of honey
Fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad Preparation
- Rinse and prepare quinoa according to brand directions
You will need one cup cooked quinoa
Note : I often make extra for meal prep for the week and set aside in mason jars.
- Chop fresh herbs into small pieces for mixing into salad
- Zest a bit of the lemon and set aside. Slice the lemon in half and set aside half for the dressing. Cut other half into several slices for garnishing salad.
- Chop cucumber and feta into small chunks
- Simple Dressing
- In a small mason jar mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and honey. Cover and shake until well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, most of the dressing, cucumbers, feta and fresh herbs and mix until everything is lightly covered in the dressing.
- Plate the Salad
- Spoon the quinoa salad onto plates and add more fresh herbs and greens around the salad. Add slice of lemon and lemon zest on top of salad. Drizzle with a spoonful of dressing and top with a little bit of course salt flakes.
Serve up with love.