The intention was to make simple healthy oatmeal “cookies” & muffins for quick breakfast and snacks. I wanted them to be easy to put in mason jars and carry out the door. This is so simple!
2 cups Oatmeal + 3 very ripe Bananas + 1 cup Almond Butter
I baked these at 350 degrees for 15ish minutes.
I had fun being creative with a few fun ingredients in different batches. One batch had cacao and I pressed those onto the baking sheet to be cookie like. One batch had ginger and I made them like muffins and ate them with apple butter. I added in raisins on all to give a little sweetness.
Do you like oatmeal to go? What fun ingredients would you add?
3 ingredient Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
2 cups Oatmeal
3 ripe Bananas
1 cup Almond Butter
Dash of cinnamon
1/4 cup dried fruit like raisins, cherries, or currents
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and mash bananas in a large mixing bowl
- Stir in oatmeal and almond butter until everything is well mixed
- Spoon mixture onto a cookie sheet in small 2 tablespoon sized clumps. Roll the clumps into small balls and smash down to flat cookie like circles. Because there’s no flour or baking soda these will not rise, but cook in the same shape they go in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Enjoy hot from the oven and put back whatever is not immediately eaten in mason jars for easy grab and go breakfast and snack portions.
If you are able to reheat in a toaster oven or air fryer right before eating the saved portions, its gonna make you smile! They reheat so well and make a great warm snack or breakfast. They are filling because of their density and a 3 cookies make a satiating snack or breakfast. If you have jam or apple butter on hand, its a nice addition on top!