This Muffaletta Olive Spread can be used any day of the year, but is delicious in this baked plant based creamy chip dip.
The rich and creamy take on this olive spread is a hot party dip that is great for dipping chips or spreading on toasted slices of Italian bread. Great for a Mardi Gras Party!
Baked Creamy Muffuletta DipDifficulty: Easy
Olive Muffuletta Spread (see recipe)
12 ounces Vegan Sour Cream
7 ounce bag Monterey Jack or Mozzarella Vegan Cheese shredded
1/2 cup sauerkraut (optional)
1 tablespoon Garlic minced
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
Chips or crackers for dipping
- Make or Use reserved Muffuletta Olive Spread
- Set aside 1/2 cup of shredded cheese for topping.
- Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl and transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 375, or until heated through and bubbling on top.
- Add shredded cheese to the top of the dip and put back in the oven for 5 minutes with broiler on, carefully watching to make sure cheese melts on top to golden color.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve immediately with chips or crackers.
- This reheats well and leftovers or divided portions can be put in the freezer for another day.
All the Muffaletta recipes can be made using the olive spread.