Cookies & Creme Truffles with plant based cream cheese & beet powder for the chocolate. These are like little art projects in the kitchen.
The pleasure is in going slow and playing. I had the music playing and I was dancing my way slowly through the afternoon… enjoying all the sweet flavors. Definitely treats to share…
Valentine Oreo Truffles
1 package Oreo – Newman’s Own is actually my favorite!
1 package vegan cream cheese – daiya is excellent in this recipe
1 pacakge white chocolate chips – mini is easy to melt
Optional : beet powder for pink color, coconut flakes
- Put entire package of oreo cookies in blender (save one to eat yourself! just to smile)
- Blend cookies until finely chopped
- Pour cookie crumbs into a large mixing bowl and blend in all the cream cheese until well blended. Chill mixture in the fridge until firm to make it easier to roll into truffle sized balls.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons out and roll into small balls – lay out on cookie sheet and then chill until ready to dip in chocolate
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or in a metal bowl sitting in a pot with several cups of near boiling water. Stir until smooth and melty creamy. Add in a teaspoon of beet powder for pink color if you like.
- Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate until fully covered and set aside to cure
- The fun part is putting these out on a plate or cake stand and serving up with a little Valenine flare. Sprinkle with hearts, coconut flakes, and beet powder if you like.
Enjoy the fun of sharing these with someone you love!